In Ahmedabad, you can meet with India’s splendid history, architectural wonders, and delicious food. Here you will enjoy many festivals and fairs. It is considered as the coolest city to hang out and lies in the western part of India. It is India’s one of the leading centers for business. You will find lots of places to visit in and around Ahmedabad.
It serves as the great tourist place. I am sure you would be fervent to see the places in Ahmedabad. So I would like to share the six top things to do in Ahmedabad so that whenever you come for a holiday, you can ramble the top places and make your trip memorable.
- Sabarmati Ashram– Its second name is Gandhi Ashram. The history admirers from all over the country and the world are enticed to this place. In the ashram, many freedom movement activities took place. Hriday Ashram is also a part of Sabarmati Ashram Where Gandhi Ji resided. It is the place of historical significance so you can find the museum here that has the theme of Mahatma Gandhi. You can see the books, letters, eyeglasses and slippers of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Adalaj Step Well– It is one of the best tourist places in Ahmedabad. You will spot that the well is adorned attractively with flower-patterned and geometric styles. You will appreciate the beautiful galleries and platforms. You will experience it a good place to visit in Ahmedabad city.
- KanKaria Lake– Here you can have some very real time with your friends and family. It serves as the ultimate picnic spot where people can have fun loving activities like water rides and balloon rides. It is superb for the families as it offers food stalls and kid’s center.
- Akshardham Temple- Here you will find the optimum architecture that is full magnificent style. Can you imagine that every year more than 2 million people visit the temple? For the entertainment of visitors, music and animatronic shows are carried out. It is the place of religious importance where you can see the golden idol of Swaminarayan.
- Sabarmati River Front– It is one of the finest places to visit in Ahmedabad in the evening. Here you can have lots of enjoyable time. People spend their time by walking along the waterfront, enjoying beautiful view and boating. Here you will feel like as if you are on a lap of the tranquil atmosphere.
- Jama Masjid– During the reign of Ahmed Shah I, the mosque was constructed in 1424.It is also known as the Jumma Mosque. It is the famous Islamic site that has the tombs of Ahmed Shah- his queen and son along with grandson. It displays the interplay of light and shadows.
The Ahmedabad tourist places are worthy to visit. The sightseeing place in Ahmedabad will provide you remarkable retreat. Here you will find picnic spots, religious and historical places and much more. You have many things to explore like lakes, museums, monuments and sacred temples that will fill your heart and mind with glee and excitement.